Friday, March 30, 2012

"M" is for MENTOR

I realize I've been MIA for over a week...and I'm sorry about that!  Life bombarded me with other pressing things that needed my undivided attention!  Now that those have been dealt with I can focus on writing once again.  For those of you who missed me, thanks!  :)

MENTOR, MENTORING, MENTORSHIP --- they can mean different things to different people.  What I believe a MENTOR is is this..."someone who exhibits qualities that I, myself, would like to emulate, whom I have asked to help me grow in that particular area."  The dictionary says it's "a wise and trusted teacher" which is true too!  If I want to learn how to do something better, I invite someone who is already doing it to help me do it too!  Thus begins the act of MENTORING, producing a MENTORSHIP.  One teaches by words and example, the other learns.

It's important for us, as we pursue our dreams, to learn from those who have experience and wisdom in those areas.  Being the Lone Ranger and not allowing others to speak into our lives won't be good for us in the long run.  We need each other to learn and grow so we can all be better people.

If you're a MENTOR to someone else, it's because you have something they need and want.  If you're being MENTORED, it's because they have something you need and want.  Let's enjoy the seasons God gives us - learning and growing together as we journey towards our goals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment