Thursday, March 8, 2012

"C" is for CHARACTER

Thought I would do a little math this afternoon.  :)

Just like 1 + 2 = 3, A + B = C.  In other words, our attitude, combined with our behavior, determines our CHARACTER.  And CHARACTER is reputation - what we're known for or by.  Truly, our CHARACTER is who we are when nobody's looking.  It's the real us. 

I've struggled with my attitude at times.   How about you?    As a result, my behavior wasn't particularly flattering either.  I'm not proud of it - I'm just being honest.  People don't "make me" think one way or another - and they don't "make me" act a particular way either.  In fact, no one "makes me" do anything.  I choose every day how to think, how to act,  and definitely how to respond to situations.  It's my baby.  So, if my CHARACTER isn't what I want it to be, I need to make a few adjustments.  But that's the easy part (if we're willing) because God delights in helping us to be more like Him.

Attitude.  Behavior.  CHARACTER.  They're foundational traits that will either equip and uphold us as we pursue our dreams, or hold us back.  So, let's soar as we surrender to His will and His ways.  He has a good future for all of us.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment