Saturday, June 9, 2012

"P" is for PERSEVERANCE

I can't tell you how many times I have wanted to quit - to give up on my dreams - because the road was longer than I expected or the obstacles greater than I thought I could get around.  But quitting would have made me a quitter - and that's something I am NOT!  My only choice was to PERSEVERE through the paperwork and hoops we had to jump through, trusting that God would part the "red tape" and make  a way where there seemed to be no way.

I would never have any of my children if I gave up.

My special needs kids would not be where they are today if I gave up.

And most recently, my book would not be completed and published if I gave up.

It's especially important to PERSEVERE when you're tired and feel like you don't have anymore "oomph" for the process.  It's when I'm pushed to the very limits of my endurance  (and yes, patience) that I feel like throwing up my hands and screaming, "What's the use anyway!"  But I know that's what the devil wants me say because he doesn't want me stepping even an inch closer to God and His purposed intentions for my life.

Don't quit!  Never give up!  And never say, "Never!"  You can do it.  I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment