Friday, April 20, 2012

"O" is for OPPORTUNITIES

Whether they're suitable occasions or times, or a favorable combination of circumstances, OPPORTUNITIES are just that - OPPORTUNITIES.  But they're only OPPORTUNITIES that will lead us one step closer to our dreams if we recognize them when they come and then act on them.

I remember when, in casual conversation with a person whom I barely knew, he mentioned the name of a ministry who ministered in the adoption arena.  This person didn't know much about me or my family, or the fact that we were interested in adopting more children.   After finishing our brief conversation I made note of the name of the ministry so I could follow up with them later, which I did.  That initial contact began a relationship with this organization that has spanned the years since.  And our last 4 children came to us through their ministry.

That was an OPPORTUNITY, or a "Divine Appointent," that I recognized and acted upon.  What if I had of just let that information go in one ear and out the other? 

OPPORTUNITIES come in all forms, and that's really not the point.  The point is this - we need to be looking for them because they're out there, just like our dreams.   Be proactive.  Gather information.  Talk to people who have "been there, done that."  Glean what you can from others and then act on the knowledge you have.  You just never know where the OPPORTUNITY will take you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment