Tuesday, January 7, 2014

"R" is for REST, and REVIVAL!

REST is one of those things that eludes me most of the time because my "on switch" is normally fully engaged.  From the moment my feet hit the floor in the morning I go full tilt; slowing only when I've been at least somewhat satisfied with my day's accomplishments...or when I've once again over-extended myself and find that a brief sit on the couch takes me into immediate slumber.

Why do I run myself so ragged?  Why do I go from thing-to-thing over and again?  You would think that after all these years I would learn how to better pace myself, prioritize my To Do List, and be satisfied with what I managed to check off as being done.  But, as the enemy would have it ,too often he's kept me so busy and preoccupied that I haven't stopped to remember that I need to REST - with Jesus.  RESTing is more than sitting in a comfy chair with your feet up.  It's even more than laying out flat with your eyes closed, though both of those are good things.  RESTing is a calm abiding in the ONE Who created each of us for destiny and purpose.

I firmly believe that 2014 is going to be a banner year - filled with hope, promise, miracles, and wonder anew.  I also feel it's going to be a year marked by enemy attack.  God's people are going to struggle more than ever, with marriages and families being the hardest hit because they represent the true heart of God. 

None of us want failure in our lives. None of us want to suffer loss in any form, yet, we know it's going to happen with either someone we know, or even ourselves.  How can we best fortify our lives so that when tests and trials comes, we are able to stand secure?  I believe it starts with learning how to REST in His presence (no matter how busy we get) so that REVIVAL (fresh life) can come!

What do I mean?  Well, to start with, we need to remember that He's the Reason we have breath.  He created us for great things, the most important being to know Him and make Him known.  He knows that we lead busy lives; and He's with us every step of the way.  It is in His presence that we find strength, and wisdom, and direction for each day's tasks.  Along with His grace to leap tall buildings at a single bound comes true joy no matter if we only make the summit.  If we truly purpose to REST in Him, and be with Him, we will find satisfaction no matter how many things are left on our "lists" - and we'll not be so doggone tired at the end of the day either!  It's up to us to keep our spiritual walk fresh and exciting!  

So let's get to it!  Let's learn to REST (taking time for Him first and foremost), so that REVIVAL (fresh wind, fresh vision, fresh purpose, fresh life) can mark and guide our lives.  We can do it, oh, yes we can!

No comments:

Post a Comment